There are three questions that each locality will need to answer about the proposed interventions they will use to build their new models of care. These questions are:
What are the specific services that make up the intervention, and what are the interventions themselves that will make up the larger model of care ?
Who in particular will provide these interventions, and how often?
In which setting of care will these interventions be delivered?
Below is a five-step process that providers will need to follow to establish the details of their models. This is vital to deciding how the entire model will operate.
1. Decide on the specific services that will be a part of the intervention for different types of individuals
2. Decide who will provide each of the specific services
3. Decide how often specific services will be provided
4. Establish the entire team that will be needed to provide the model for the target population
5. Decide where the specific services will be provided (and consequently, where teams will need to be located)