Integrated Care for people with long-term mental health needs
Our priority is to work with partners to develop integrated care services for people with long-term mental health needs.
- There are around 30,000 people in North West London with a serious mental illness
- Social isolation is a key challenge for many people living with long-term mental health needs – and this need, along with physical health needs can often be ignored
- We have 2 mental health projects in North West London:
- Hounslow CCG focusing initially on Brentford and Isleworth (10 GP practices) and working closely with local authority team, West London Mental Health Trust and a number of local voluntary sector organisations.
- West London CCG; Westminster local authority, 34 GP practices and Central and North West London Foundation Trust with third sector providers and advocacy groups
- At the core of how we work is co-production – service users are equal partner in workshops and on our steering groups.
We’re excited about:
- Testing new ways of working, commissioning and transforming services to being more focused on individuals rather than organisations.
- Putting a greater focus on helping people to stay well with services built around people and their GPs in the community.
- Securing better physical, social and mental health outcomes for those with long-term mental health needs and a better service across the whole health and care system.